LEX Copyright Iroda
|E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org – írjon nekünk!|
|Képviseleti lista||In English|
THE TAO OF BILL MURRAY: Real-Life Stories of Joy, Enlightenment, and Party Crashing
Random House= World Rights
Publication: September 2016
Rights sold: UK (Penguin Random House- Century), German (Eichborn), Spanish (Blackie Books)
· For the millions of Bill Murray fans out there, and for those of whom don’t even know that they are yet, we are thrilled to submit this collection of the most epic and most strange Bill Murray anecdotes from the past four decades - many of which have never before been made public. Perfect for readers who loved Judd Apatow's Sick in The Head or Cary Elwes's As You Wish for their behind-the-scenes peeks at beloved movies and celebrities, and for those who loved The Tao of Pooh or The Dude and the Zen Master, for the way it uses humorous and familiar trappings to introduce a sincere and inspiring life philosophy!
Over the past several years, a cottage industry has sprung up online around "Bill Murray Stories," real-life anecdotes of unbelievable encounters with the star: Bill Murray attended a student party at St. Andrews and did the dishes afterwards, Bill Murray gave a moving toast at a stranger's bachelor party, Bill Murray showed up and read poetry to construction workers at a building site... Fans obsessively track these stories, and it seems like not a week goes by without Bill Murray doing or saying something that becomes a viral sensation. (Last year, a gallery of them on the Rolling Stone website astonished the editors by attracting OVER A MILLION HITS!)
Our author Gavin Edwards has hunted down the very best of these stories to make a book that is a sideways mix of comedy and philosophy, full of photo bombs, street corner encounters, late-night party crashes, and movie set antics, an all-access look at Murray's exceptional ability to infuse the everyday with surprise, absurdity, and wonder.
Additional key selling points:
· BIG NAME STORYTELLERS: Some of the celebrities that Gavin interviewed for this book include Melissa McCarthy, Naomi Watts, Tina Fey, Ivan Reitman, Barry Levinson. And most importantly, GAVIN GOT THE OPPORTUNITY TO INTERVIEW BILL MURRAY HIMSELF!
· VIRAL SENSATION: The internet is obsessed with Bill Murray stories. Buzzfeed, Deadspin, Telegraph, Vulture, GQ, and many others have also featured majorly-read stories on the topic. Bill Murray does not use social media, but his parody Twitter account has over half a million followers, and a fan page on Facebook has 700,000 likes.
· NEVER-BEFORE-HEARD STORIES: This book does not collect and rehash anecdotes that have been passed around online. Gavin Edwards has traveled the country to the towns where Bill Murray has spent the most time, to collect hundreds of authentic stories.
· OUR PUB DATE IS TIED TO BILL MURRAY'S BIRTHDAY, SEPT 21, which market research shows was the single biggest day for Murray-related social media in 2015.
· INSPIRATIONAL TWIST: Gavin sees an inspiring life philosophy underneath the comedy: Never settle for the ordinary. Seek out and share pleasure and joy every day. Always try to surprise yourself, and others. Live, like Bill Murray, with more gusto, confidence, and spontaneity.
· 2016 IS A BILL MURRAY YEAR: In 2016, the Ghostbusters franchise will be getting a huge reboot, with a new movie starring Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig, and featuring Bill Murray. Also in 2016, Bill Murray will be starring as the voice of Baloo in Disney's new film of The Jungle Book.
· Our edition will features COLOR ENDPAPERS AND 25 ORIGINAL ILLUSTRATIONS BY ACCLAIMED CARTOONIST R. SIKORYAK, and will have a cool, artful aesthetic that will help make it the perfect gift for lovers of film, for lovers of the absurd, and of course, for fans of Bill Murray.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR:
Gavin Edwards is the New York Times bestselling author of eight books, all focused on the celebrity worlds of music, television, and film. His most recent books are the memoir VJ (written with the original MTV VJs), the biography Last Night at the Viper Room: River Phoenix and the Hollywood He Left Behind, and a collaboration with Blink-182 drummer Travis Barker, Can I Say: Living Large, Cheating Death, and Drums Drums Drums. His collection of misheard song lyrics, 'Scuse Me While I Kiss This Guy, along with its sequels and spinoffs, has sold half a million copies. He is a contributing editor at Rolling Stone, and has also written for The New York Times Magazine, Details, and Wired. He has appeared on a wide range of TV outlets including Morning Edition, NBC's Today, Entertainment Tonight, MTV, Inside Edition, Good Day New York, and CNN.
People love Bill Murray movies, but even more, they love crazy stories about Bill Murray out in the world.
Bill reads poetry to construction workers. Bill joins in strangers' kickball games. Bill steals a golf cart in Stockholm. Bill follows the Roots - a hip hop band around. Bill pays a kid $5 to ride his bicycle into a swimming pool. The most popular Bill Murray story of all time (which he will neither confirm nor deny): on a crowded street, he puts his hands over a stranger's eyes from behind and says "Guess who?" When he lifts his hands to reveal his identity as Bill Murray, he tells the gobsmacked stranger, "No one will ever believe you."
For The Tao of Bill Murray, bestselling author Gavin Edwards tracked down the best authentic Bill Murray stories. People savor these anecdotes; they consume them with a bottomless hunger; they routinely turn them into viral hits. The book not only has the greatest hits of Bill's eye-opening interactions with the world, it puts them in the context of a larger philosophy (revealed to the author in an exclusive interview): Bill Murray is secretly teaching us all how to live our lives
|1054 Budapest, Szemere u. 21. Tel: (06-1) 332-9340 Fax: (06-1) 331-6181|